“If people are to be expected to put up with turning on a computer to read a screen, they must be rewarded with deep and extremely up-to-date information that they can explore at will. They need to have audio, and possibly video. They need an opportunity for personal involvement that goes far beyond that offered through the letters-to-the-editor pages of print magazines.”
Mr. Gates believed content is king over two decades ago. In 2019, is content still king? Why does content have so much importance in a world that is driven by images and video? Consider the following reasons why content is king:
- Content engages your reader.
- Content promotes your products or services.
- Content attracts your target audience.
- Content boosts your search engine optimization (SEO).
- Content allows for conversation.
- Content increases customer loyalty.
- Content establishes leadership and authority within an industry.
- Content provides solutions.
If content is so important to the success of your business, you must make intentional steps to create the best content available. Here are a few tips to consider while writing your website content.
- Use SEO to target keywords or keyphrases.
- Each page of your website should be at least 300 words.
- Make sure your website content is scannable. (Using bullet points is a great way to achieve this.)
- Write short sentences.
- Use headings and subheadings to break up paragraphs.
Great content can dramatically improve your business. Take a few hours and look through your website content with fresh eyes. Be objective. Be critical. Ask yourself, “How can I make my content better?”
When you team with Bespoke to create your website, we’ll upload your content to each of your website pages. If you don’t have content written yet, we will send you a helpful eBook that will guide you while you write! Are you ready to get started? Browse our templates, then call us with your questions: 888-444-5162.